4th Annual Luggi Foeger Uphill/Downhill Festival & SkiMo Race - 3/25-3/26
The Lake Tahoe Basin’s premier SkiMo competition and an incredibly family-friendly event. Competitors race to the top of the mountain using whatever human-powered method you prefer – skins, snowshoes, running shoes, etc. – then ski, snowboard, snowshoe, or run back down to the finish line. For those of a less competitive nature, a recreational course to mid-mountain is available. The event will also include fun activities in the base area including ski boot races, live music, an awards ceremony, and more! Then, the fun continues with a winter-wildlife snowshoe hike Sunday morning.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sponsor or get involved.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 25, 2023
- On Snow Gear Demos presented by Tahoe Mountain Sports – 10:00am – 3:00pm (Base Lodge “Beach” by the trail map)
- Race bib pick up and registration – 2:00pm – 4:00pm (Base Lodge Deck)
- Uphill/Downhill Race – 4:30pm (registration coming mid-February)
- Award Ceremony – 6:30pm approximately (Base Lodge Deck)
Sunday, March 27, 2022
- Winter Wildlife Snowshoe Hike, presented by Tahoe Institute for Natural Science – 7:30am (Meet on Base Lodge Deck for a 1 mile hike followed by a presentation in the base area), register online
- On Snow Gear Demos – 9:00am – 3:00pm (Base Lodge “Beach” by the trail map)
Race Descriptions & Categories:
- Elite Luggi = 4.6 Miles (double lap) – Men’s & Women’s Divisions
- Big Luggi = 2.6 Miles (single lap – 1.3 miles uphill to the top) – Men’s, Women’s, Men’s Masters (ages 50+), Women’s Masters (ages 50+), Youth (ages 15 & under) and Beer Luggi Divisions
- Lil’ Luggi = 1.2 Miles (short course – .8 miles uphill to top of Wiggle) – Adult (16 & up), Youth (ages 11-15) and Child (ages 10 & under) Divisions
- Beer Luggi = Non-competitive – choose either the Big or Lil’ Luggi course and have fun. No prizes will be awarded, but your registration includes a 16oz. Alibi beer and souvenir pint glass. Cheers!